16.9.10

New Jamiroquai Material


I'm sure if you were to dust off both Jamie and my now defunct CD collections you would find a wealth of Jamiroquai releases. I've always been a fan of their early work, but Synkronized really was the turning point for me. They had done their bit by then and I wasn't really that bothered with A Funk Odyssey and Dynamite, apart from the singles that were presented to me in the charts.

So there's been a five year break, and they've decided to back to their early style; how many times have I heard this from bands who are really just looking for old fans to take note so they can have one last shot in the limelight? Umpteen - and they usually disappoint.

However, I've given their first single, White Knuckle Ride, a good listen, and they have actually gone back to that classic Jamiroquai sound, with a pinch of Fred Falke/Chromeo synth styling. The new album, Rock Dust Light Star, is out November 1. Lets hope it's more of the same.

Site here, myspace here, pre-order here.

Download removed

No comments: